Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1st TZM Townhall Meeting

The Zeitgeist Town Hall Report


Yep, it's me!
Things got a bit HOT (118° F) and hectic since the Zeitgeist Town Hall Ustream broadcast, so it’s taken me a little while to get back but here I am now.  Get those dancing shoes on for that happy dance!  It’s going to be a workout dancing all the way through this one!
Here are a few of my thoughts on The Zeitgeist Town Hall meeting.  I must admit that I was a bit disappointed in the Town Hall meeting.  As much as I agree with the Zeitgeist Movement to awaken people, educate, and introduce as many people as you can to the idea of a Resource Based Economy (RBE), it appeared to me that the speakers were just reiterating the same stuff that has been said since 2009 or so.  I was hoping to hear some plans on the next step!  At this point they are still talking about gathering people together and explaining what the movement is about and how an RBE could/would work, which is all well and good…but…I just can’t help but wonder when is the movement going to start another branch (or something) where people are actually building and moving forward into action, SHOW how things will work, and lead by example?
When I asked about this in the chat room, saying I was “hoping to hear about plans to move forward”, and, “what do people do now?”, and questions of that type, I was told I should join a chapter and get involved, I should grow a hydroponic garden, and I should find like minded people to help the ideas grow.  Once again, all well and good, but isn’t finding those that don’t think the same way, the ones we should also be talking to?  Wouldn’t they be the people we would need to hear their ideas from and gather all the information we could about ALL people, not just the ones that think like we do?  It could just be me bringing in my expectations, which I know I shouldn’t do, but I tend to do that from time to time.
I can see why a lot of people are beginning to understand the rumbling and ripples from many that are saying that The Zeitgeist Movement is a cult, even though I don’t view them as such.  I see them as a group of people trying to change the world, with their hearts and minds in the right place, but are having trouble executing the ideas.  I also see people wanting and needing a RBE so badly that they are willing to do anything and give up everything to help move The Zeitgeist Movement and a RBE forward.  Makes me think of those people that believed in the May 21, 2011 “Rapture” that gave away everything because they were so certain that was going to happen, or the Heaven’s Gate people that “jumped on” the Hale-Bopp comet to take them “home” and to the next level, and on and on throughout history.  Hmmmm…maybe they are a cult??  I digress.
I’m having trouble seeing this work at this time due to the fact that many family members can’t get along, so how can we expect everyone in the world to get along and pull together long enough to get this going? I’m keeping my fingers crossed, of course, that I live long enough to see a better world that works for all, but I don’t think I’ll see the reality of it. (The dreamer is still alive inside of me…right along side the realist).  I am one of the people that WANT to see a RBE work!  I am one of the people that want humanity to survive.  I am one of the people that has been spreading the idea.  I am one of the people that seeks knowledge on this (and many subjects) and shares it.  I am one of the people that understand how an RBE could work.  I am one of the people that can visualize what life would be like in the RBE.  But…I am one of the people, that has that sinking feeling that I won’t see it happen.  I am one of the people that will cling to the hope for all of humanity to finally be freed…
I am beginning to think this is just another cycle for humans.  The cycle of seeing what is wrong and trying to right it.  People that mean well and are trying to change the world for the greater good of all, cycle, which usually means change of some sort is on the way.  I’ve seen this before in MY lifetime time.  It seems to me to be a repeat of the 1960’s/1970’s with better clothes (oh wait…I really miss my bell bottoms), with different clothes.  I’m seeing a pattern in the history of humanity where people try over and over again to free humanity, but it doesn’t seem to ever be a reality.  Who really is in charge of humanity’s advancements?  If it is all of humanity that is in charge of our own destiny, then what are we waiting for?  Why haven’t we changed to follow the technology that will allow us a free life…a life free from monetary restraints and give the necessities along with the education for an easier and freer life to all of humanity?  Who, what, or why were advancements of people like Nikola Tesla blocked?  For financial gains?  And if it was really for the money in the pocket of people like J.P. Morgan, then why didn’t/haven’t the people stood up to the rapists of the resources for profit and demanded the resources for all?
I’ve asked many of these questions for a lifetime now, with my main puzzlement being, how did a few people get to claim stake to ALL the resources, right down to the water falling from the sky?  And WHY did the people agree to these actions?  What happened in humanity’s beginnings where this was done?  I have many many questions on this subject with a few ideas for the answers, but, will I ever really know the answers?  I hope so, but thinking it might not be probable in my lifetime.  What if we really were created to be a slave race for others out of this world?  Many, many theories and thoughts in my head about all the puzzle pieces.  Now to find that puzzle board and fit all the pieces together in it!
I could go on and on with this subject and dance all around it, but I’d need better dancing shoes!  Maybe I will visit the topic again one day.  It’s a HUGE subject with many parts and the Zeitgeist Movement is one small spoke in the wheel that keeps turning.  Oh no…I just had a thought…we ARE hampsters on a wheel!!!!…or not…