Sunday, April 4, 2010

Peter Joseph bans BrentonEccles

User BrentonEccles indefinitely suspended still 04/Apr/2010

---

"Brenton Eccles pulls a huge U turn on the ZM forum and retracts everything he said here as a personal trauma he was experiencing, and asks his members for forgiveness. Bravo." - anticultist

---

"I've been thinking about how to address what I've done, and though this thread that I post may come across as plain - I'm going to attempt to be sharp and specific so that what I say does not end up being taken off in 95957395357 directions.

As many of you would now well know, in the past week I've been involved in an incident completely unacceptable for someone who is known and seen to be a representative of this Movement.

I engaged in aggressive attacks not only on members whose respect had long been given to me, but upon the integrity of the structure within The Zeitgeist Movement itself - something that has proven detrimental to both myself, and many others concerned.

Certain words I used, specifically the words 'sensitive screenshots' led some to believe that I had been collating private information with the intent of using it for detrimental or covert means. This was, and is not, the case. I can see, however, how those words would be clearly taken in such light - nothing of which I referred to as 'sensitive information' involved any private areas of the site.

I know that I, as one of the members who has been here since day one, should know better - and though I am not going to attempt excuse myself entirely from my actions I would like to highlight that I've basically had the worst 7 days of my life.

The issues in that regard are very sensitive and deeply personal, but for the sake of avoiding this being labelled a cloak: if someone wants me to announce the issues here that have affected me beyond my own coping mechanisms - feel free. I'll be happy to answer (but if you'd like discretion you're welcome to e-mail me at laglegur@gmail.com), and hopefully in understanding that you'll all consider that sometimes (yes, just sometimes) we all push over and forget that it's easy just to turn the computer (or iPhone, as it be) off and seek solace in one's loved ones for solving problems as opposed to letting loose on all the work I've done and betraying many of the people that have trusted and worked with me for quite a period of time.

I am not naive to the reality that I, having been spreading this information for a long time, should know better than to feed the very forces that go to no end to smear us - often without considerations as to what we're actually all about and certainly without understanding our pivotal train of thought.

But, sometimes, sometimes, sometimes - some of us will make a big mistake.

I've likely left out a lot of stuff that's necessary to mention, but I want to stop here and give those who have merit to do so a chance to add their voice in the way that they feel necessary. I've done a rather extreme thing, though it is an inner scandal which can be overcome, and I don't expect anything of any of you - I think that's only right.

Considering that I was about to have specific tasks delegated to me, it looks like I have a lot of ground to recover - please work with me in doing so.

And if you don't want to, that's fine too.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach writing this thread, for an issue I know didn't have to be one had I kept myself in check and remained level-headed. Nevertheless, it has happened - I hope I can move on with you all. I can't imagine stopping this work now, for controversy." 
- Brenton Eccles